Wednesday, 19 May 2010

"I began to feel like a tree whose roots had at last broken into the rich, wet soil deep beneath the surface."



I've just read the book of Memoirs of a Geisha. I seriously forgot how captivating the storyline is. Amazing book, seriously recommend reading it, its really easy going as well, besides the odd Japanese name, its so simple to read. The author also uses a lot of metaphors for simple things in life, which makes the book beautifully thought-provoking.

The way the Geisha view life is incredible; They refer to this book [can't remember the name of it] every day to see whether it is lucky to travel a certain way or what the day holds for them if they do it right. Seriously superstitious stuff.

One part which really had me in awe was when the lead female's personality is described to be much like water; how it finds a new path if it is obstructed. I Like the idea that when things go bad in life, its up to ourselves to find a 'new path' to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment