Wednesday, 9 June 2010

It must be love, love, love...



No really, it's love. I really really really want one.
This is the classic legend Diana F+ camera. The chrome version because I'm not too keen on the Black and Aqua one, though it is the original so I wouldn't complain if i managed to acquire one.
I have only one problem with this camera [besides the fact I haven't the money to buy it] is that it's medium format. Don't get me wrong, in general this is a big plus, love medium format but it's expensive to buy [though probably not as expensive on ebay in bulk as the average 35mm film is in general] and not as easy as a quick trip to boots like it is with 35mm film.
There is a solution to this but once again its costs. Quite a bit in fact. There is a back you can get for the Diana+ which allows you to use 35mm film with the camera. £40 though. Ouch. Not sure if would work out cheaper in the long run?

Actually, I lie. There is another solution. I win the lottery and buy the lot, Camera with flash, 35mm back, medium format film by the hundreds, 35mm film by the hundred, every lens and accessory known to man for the Diana+. This would be great. Along with this I genuinely like to get one of the old school Kodak folding cameras. They're proper snazzy and equally as decorative as they are wonderfully creative.
And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a tilt-shift lens for my canon 300D... I don't even know if this exists or not but I'd like one. Hey if I was a millionaire I could get one made for me! How good!?
Then obviously, I'd like;
A studio apartment in Oxford with a lot of light and A LOT of space.

An old school mini cooper, a proper nice one though, preferably with a chameleon [the purple/green colour] shell as well and a lush wooden dashboard and interior bits and bots. Don't want leather seats though, just something sleek, comfortable. With a decent sound system as I like my music. Lovely jubley.

Obviously I'm gunna need some sort of permanent storage for my paintings and what not. Maybe a workshop in the country bit of Oxford, somewhere quiet I can go to work or just chill. Maybe just a second home? Yeah, that'd be great.

I'd like to hire an architect and whatever else is involved in building my own home, preferably abroad. Somewhere like North Italy? I'd like to design as much of it as possibly and get it perfected and built for me. Though, I'd very much like to be involved every step of the way. I don't just want someone to do it for me. Give me a drill, a paintbrush, whatever it takes.

An Ipad. Apparently they're the biz and being an millionaire I need the techy stuff to go with the look.

A-ha! Look. Walk in wardrobe please and a million£ shopping spree to all the best places, Lots of clothes and shoes, etc.

Liquorice, the red stuff. And lots of it please. Makro do a bucket of it for £6.99. I'll take just a few of those ta :).

Books. Maybe just a chain of Waterstone's that I can access and borrow books from whenever I want to. Yep.

Same for films. That's obvious.

Iphone, Because I couldn't possibly carry the Ipad ALL the time. How inconvenient...

(I realise this blog has now turned into one massive fantasy... But I'm into it now so tough tits really)

A proper nice video camera. Preferably one which will record both still image and video onto mini dv tape or SD card. Underwater capabilities would be cool...

For all this tech I'm gunna need a seriously good Mac. Preferably a laptop/notebook so I can take it places..

Dr. Pepper. Not too much, I'd like at least some teeth when I'm old and grey.

Ah yes, A proper nice Gerbilarium for George and Jam. Maybe some new friends for them too?

The dog I saw today, maybe not the exact one but one as beautiful and well behaved please. [Picture in the next post]

The tribute tattoo on my foot. Lynda's design.

And while we're on the subject, the back piece I've wanted for a good while, after a bit more designing.

I'd like a new cover for my favourite cushion. I've always got better things to spend what little money I have on so this is definitely on my list.

New ring. I've already got my eye on one so that'll be an easy one. Plain silver with two theatrical masks on it.

4 Magazine subscriptions.
1. Elle Magazine. In my mind the best fashion magazine about. It SO much more creative than all the others. No shit.
2. Art Review. Gotta keep up with whats going on in the biz.
3. Not really sure which specifically but some sort of photography magazine. I don't mean techniques and skills and whatnot. But like high fashion, National Portrait Gallery standard stuff. Something to keep me inspired by photographs.
4. Countryfile. Bloody good magazine believe it or not. You get the odd article about sheep which can be a bit short of interesting but otherwise it's all good. Some decent photography as well.

Tate Lifetime Membership.

Almost forgot, I'd like my own gallery please. A really big space with high ceilings, antique-ey wooden floors, good lighting. Somewhere in a cool area which people will stumble across and wanna go in and explore.




ANYWAY I'm sure I'll add to this on occasion but for now... I'm gunna start a new one for my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment